2011-08-21

Thirty Year War - Swedish Cavalry

I've started painting my TYW figures again, and the one finished this time is a unit of cavalry. They are supposed to represent "karbinryttare" or people armed with carbines. Since I didn't want to spend to much more money on this and get the new Harquebusiers from Warlord, I got a standard cav box, and exchanged some of the hands and weapons from the carbines included, and while it's not great, it works and I', happy enough.

At the moment I don't have any bases for them, so there will be a while now that they stand around on some temporary bases as seen in the picture below, I've used two normal 60x30 bases instead of the 60x50 base they should have.


I've also got a unit of infantry drying from the basing, these was completed a few days ago, but I haven't had time to base them until a few minutes ago, so pictures of them will have to wait a day or two.

Other than that I need some flags for the cavalry here and the infantry, and soon another cavalry and infantry unit thats almost done.

But today I'm going to defend the danish flag in a recreation of the battle Helgeandsholmen in 1463, exactly 548 years from now, I'm really looking forward to this as I both get to meet some people I've only met over the net IRL and I get to try out the Hail Caesar rules set. I'll bring my camera and try to get some pictures of the battle.

1 comment: