After some drying time for the bases and varnish, it's time to show my latest addition to my growing Swedish army; the Cuirassiers.
I painted them up with the black armor that was the hot stuff back in the 17th century. They did paint up very quickly as I used the colored primers from Army Painter to get the horses almost done with just that, and with a black undercoat on the riders there wasn't much else on them to paint.
I did however go for and Infantry flag as the standards, I thought the small cavalry flags that apparently was frequently used was, well a bit small for something as grand as tanks of the day. So I went for something bigger.
Overall I'm pleased with how the unit turned out, the only thing I have to complain about is that there was a large amount of flash on most of the riders, large bits of metal was lodged between the legs in thin sheets and a fair few of the weapons had been bent and twisted to that a few broke as I tried to bend them back. It was fixable and I got a few extra arms so I did survive but it was a little annoying and fixing the miniatures took far more time than painting them in the end.
But enough whining from me, lets look at some pictures instead!