2012-03-13

Swedish TYW commanders

I've finally got myself fired up about some historical miniatures, mostly because Warlord has it's game system for ECW and TYW on they way, apparently later this spring or early summer is the talk now.

So to get my army ready for this I painted up the commanders I have had laying around forever. So I got them going, got the commanders painted, added a few standard bearers and such to make it more interesting.

I also painted up my C-in-C, Gustavus Adolphus, the mini I have is the Warlord one, and as it depicts him in a rather flamboyant style, he did not get any standard. in my head he has left them far behind to get hold of the enemy himself. I rather like the pose they have for him, it's very much a pose I can see him in, leading his Finnish cavalry in a headlong charge.

I'm all in all quite satisfied with the miniatures this time around, I still have to get some matt varnish over them, as with most of my army. The only thing that got me a bit upset was when I edited the photos here, and saw that one of the banners for my commanders is up side down... Ah well, I'll have to live with it...

But, we need some pictures, and here they are;

















1 comment:

  1. Lovely minis !

    +++ for the fallen banner man still trying to hold his banner high:)

    Also like the GIIA on a jumping Streif!

    Looking forward to the WG releas of the pike and shot rules, lokg wait.

    Best regards Dalauppror

    ReplyDelete