2012-08-22

Dark Angels - part I - Colour test

After I saw some pictures of the miniatures included in the upcoming starter set, I was tempted to recreate an army lost to me about 10 years ago; the Dark Angels.
So until the starter set actually get here I dug up an old marine I had, and started to test some colour schemes on him.

I plan to take my time with this army, and paint them as good as possible, this try out took me about four evenings to get together, that did include some research about how to paint different parts and a few false starts on the armour.

I haven't done any chapter or squad marking, or a backpack for that matter as I only planed to test some thoughts I have, how I should do the chapter and squad markings remains to bee seen. I might go so far that I make them out of green stuff and stick them on each mini. But that is a matter for another day.

For now I'm quite pleased with how this one turned out, and I plan to get another mini together, perhaps make one with robes so I can try out how I want them to look as well.

For now, here are some more pictures;



No comments:

Post a Comment