2015-01-07

Imperial Romans: Legionaries III


New year, new unit. So this is my third unit of legionaries and what I think is going to be the first one in a new command. To this command I'm thinking of adding another auxiliary unit and then call it done.


My thought is right now to do an army with a composition something like this:
  • Commander 
    • Legionaries x 2
    • Medium auxiliary x 2
  • Commander
    • Legionaries x 2
      • Raw recruits 
    • Auxiliary archers x 2
      • Small unit
  • Commander
    • Legionaries x 2
    • Light auxiliary x 2
  • Commander
    • Medium auxiliary cavalry x 2
    • Numidian cavalry
    • Skrimishers with slings x 2
This if of cause going to change, probably something like fifty times before I'm done, but at least it's a goal for now. This list is made up from the Hail Caesar book, and the EIR list they have in there.

Anyway, pictures of new unit that you are really here to see =)




In this unit I've added some parts from the veteran sprue, so some damaged shields and extra armour here and there. I also got a vellum from a Wargames Factory kit I had out in my garage, I think it's from their Celt Warband box. It made an excellent marker for my command in any case.

Next up I'm trying something for a light auxiliary unit and I also have the other part of my medium auxiliary unit in the works. So lots of things in the works, hopefully something of it will be done as well =)


5 comments:

  1. What a great start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm rather pleased myself

      Delete
  2. They look great Ulf, I like the blue and red contrast! These have the distinct tell of roughed up veterans, and should be a good addition to your growing collection for HC. Let me know when it's time to have a game with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I'm painting away and at least a not too shabby infantry force should be battle ready in a month or two, so then we'll have to test them out a bit.

      Delete