2015-07-13

Black Powder: French - Chasseurs a Cheval

So for the game that we played last week (see the report here) I had intended to bring a new unit of Chasseurs, but alas, that was not to be.
Instead I took a few more days to finish it, and now it's not only done, but also photographed!

I painted them kind of like the 12th regiment, I did however mix up a few details, like the horse cloth for the officers... Oh well, it's not like I really care anyways, they look good on the table as is.

The miniatures are from Perry Miniatures, I picked them up when I was a Salute earlier this year. Unfortunately there aren't any store here in Sweden that carry any of their metals, and the Perry twins takes out a quite hefty shipping fee.

The miniatures themselves was quite nice, good definition on all the details, but a lot of flash, especially on the horses, I guess the molds are kind of old and run down.
But they just wanted to be painted and I could do this whole unit in only a few hours of work, I think the base took almost as long as the minis.

Well, I'll try to find someone to play against soon, I want to get them on the field!




I have a little series coming up here soon on a quite large commision job I have been painting on for the last few months. I hope to get the first posts started next week if all goes to plan.

7 comments:

  1. They look splendid, great details...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, even when speed painting some things gets done =)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm quite satisfied myself

      Delete
  3. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and soon they'll get a flag all of their own as well!

      Delete